Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Not So Modest Mouse

So when most people think of mice they think of this...




or maybe even this...



And when you are sitting at the kitchen table in the morning, eating your Wheaties (bring it ON day!) and watching the sun rise you probably aren't thinking about either of these mice. Then your cat (Meeko)
isn't he CUTE?! Anyway...then your Meeko starts looking at the ceiling going "um, Mom? there's this thing...and I want it...can't you see it? Ohmigosh there is is!!! let me have it let me have it I want to eat it!" and I'm like..."huh?" ya know, cause you don't really understand cat talk all that well in the mornings.
Then there it is. In your kitchen light. Little mousy feet running back and forth inside the plastic over the fluorescent (that is a really hard word to spell btw) light bulbs.
"Ohmigosh!!" I exclaim.
"I know, right?!" says Meeko.
"Honey!!!! We have a problem!" says me to my poor husband who is already dealing with the dogs at the back door.
"WHAT?" says he.
I point wordlessly towards the little scurrying feet.
We then have one of those moments when you're like -- what the heck are we supposed to do about that? --
So my brave hubby unscrews one end of the light fixture like that would help us figure it out when really we kind of panicked after that because, well, what ARE you supposed to do now?

So he hits the other end of the light, the mouse comes flying out of the end like he thought he had wings or something and lands on the floor. Out of nowhere bounds Meeko and jumps on him. My hubby is cheering him on and me....well I run into the laundry room and plug my ears because GEEZ that poor mouse!!
See when I think of mice...I think of these...

Sweet little mice that are doing chores and wearing adorable little pointed hats and saying "Gus Gus!"
Oh the sadness came then and I ran to the shower to have my cry and feel sorry for the little mouse.

Needless to say, one of my candle holders got broken, I heard my hubby use the shop vac, and when I came back downstairs Meeko was meowing pitifully wanting his mouse back that had apparently almost gotten away and so husband "got rid" of it.

Am I a wuss or what?!

No comments:

Post a Comment