Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Do You Know Those Days?

Do you know those days where you are so emotional you find yourself crying over absolutely nothing?
I mean, nothing.

Well, besides the fact that your cousin (your closest friend) has decided to get married.
To a guy that you haven't met, talked to, seen in person? To a guy that she has only dated for 2 months? To a guy that is wearing tights in his Christmas pictures? WHAT KIND OF MAN WEARS TIGHTS?!

I am at a loss right now. I'm worried about her, but she can convince herself of anything she wants to...and I think she has.

They are getting married next December. At least it's a year engagement? Right.
Riiiiiiiight.
This is just one of Those Days when you want to go home, have your mom hold you and make you sandwiches while you watch old movies on t.v. Mmm..Sandwiches. This is just one of Those Days, when you are frustrated with the world for being ok with what you KNOW is not ok. What is wrong with you, world? Stupid world.

I think I will go have a sandwich now. I feel like I need a therapist and all I can find is peanut brittle, oatmeal cream pies, and fudge.

ME: Peanut brittle, why so good? Why am I so sad?
DR.BRITTLE: I'm so good because I'm crunchy and sweet and peanuty all at the same time. You are so sad because you  have not had enough of me.

I have had the same conversation with the fudge and oatmeal cream pies. Also, you know those little vanilla cookies with vanilla icing in the middle? Those are good. Unfortunately those are just little mini-sessions of therapy, so you have to have like 10 really to get your full dosage. They are very convincing.

No comments:

Post a Comment