Sunday, December 26, 2010

A Good Omen for Our Marriage

So we have not had a white Christmas in Alabama in .... well, forever.
Do you know that it snowed on our first married Christmas together? Do you know it snowed a lot:?

Take that!! I'm almost positive it means that we will be married forever and our marriage will be pure and beautiful like the snow. Or not. Whatever.
We had a snow ball fight with the dogs. I don't know how they distinguish the snow balls that we toss to them from the snow that is already on the ground....but they think they can.
Plus, look how cute they are after a full day of Christmas partyin out in the snow...
 Dearest Hubby,
       I hope you loved your Christmas present. I'm pretty sure you did though.
       Look at your face.

See, I invited people over for New Years' Eve. And we had a t.v. like this...
Well, maybe not that bad. But my hubby is a manly man and my goodness! We couldn't have people seeing our lovely little house and our crappy little t.v. They might laugh! They might point! They might smirk and whisper un-manly things about my hubby behind his back.
He really was this worried about it. He calls it his "man-pride". So he went and made B.F.F's with my Dad (who has been trapped in an all-girl family) and my Dad got him this t.v.
It's like hugging. But for men. Kinda, almost sweet.

Our arrival back at our house consisted of me running around behind my overjoyed hubby picking up his trash that magically falls behind him, leaving a trail just in case I lose him or something. It's only the annoying trash too. You know, the kind that is too big (styrofoam forms) and the kind that is too sneaky (small plastic packaging) that only gets away from you or you can't really throw it away and it kind of makes you grumpy at your messy husband.
Then it just snowed and snowed and snowed and we played in the snow.
And we drove in the snow.
And we cuddled up inside our little house on the prairie in the snow and enjoyed our first merry Christmas together as a Mr. & Mrs.

Hopefully more wonderful merry Christmas memories to come.

Also, what is with people having babies? Is it that time of year? Am I supposed to be wanting to have babies? Cause I don't. Not yet!
That must be the only thing people have to do in the winter. We are, after all, not used to snow.
Hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment