Wednesday, January 19, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY LITTLE SISTER

Little sisters are just the best.
It was her big 21 Sunday. (Or as of midnight Saturday night which is when we were out at Mason's Pub)
In case anyone was wondering, I am usually in the bed by 9. 12 is late. Really late. Some might ask how I ever made it through the night.

Well, margaritas would be the answer my friends.

Happy Birthday Sarah Beara!

Also, silly straws, big plastic rings, and cheesy star shaped sunglasses.
that is NOT my hairy arm, in case you were wondering

I survived.
But barely.

Has anyone noticed it is always the nerdiest guys that buy all the girls drinks? They probably are making lotsa money and all these bar-frequenting-ladies are stealing it away...one Sex on the Beach shot at a time...
A little piece of my heart goes out to these boys every time I see this interaction happen:

NERDY BOY: sweaty palms, wrinkly button-up shirt "Wow! Is it your birthday?!"
BIRTHDAY GIRL: "Yeah!"
BIRTHDAY GIRL'S SISTER: "It's her big TWENTY-FIRST! Woooo!" 
NERDY BOY: his eyes light up "Well, has anybody bought you a drink?"
BIRTHDAY GIRL: lying through her teeth but batting those eyelashes and smiling innocently "Not yet...I'm not really sure what kind to get."
NERDY BOY: grin "I'll get you one. And your friend!"
BIRTHDAY GIRL AND CUTE SISTER: give him their flirtiest smile and high five when he turns to the bartender with hope in his heart
 
goodbye $12 bucks
Maybe it works for them sometimes. Probably no. What a terrible relationship, abusive really.

As an old married lady who couldn't flirt if I wanted to, I think I will stick to wine and early bed time hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment