Sunday, April 3, 2011

Train of Thought

So I've been cooking.
Caramel Popcorn Sauce

Marshmallow Crunchy Things

Mmmm...melty marshmallows and butter

cheeeeeeeeeeeesecake

Lunch today
As I run around the kitchen and stir and knead and roll and bend and pull and burn and slice....I think about how ok it is for me to be eating all of this great stuff because GEEZ am I getting a work out making it!

It was when i was baking that I decided to go back to school. Accounting anyone?

But it's when I'm gardening that I really get to think. Is there anything better than having dirt stuck under your fingernails and you know it won't come out and there's mud in your wedding ring and your dogs are constantly coming over to sniff your ears with their wet noses just to make sure that you are doing just fine. "I'm just fine!" I tell them. Sometimes they are the only ones who check. And doesn't that just make you love them all the more? If we all had dogs and cats for friends I think we'd be a lot better off. They are soft and fuzzy and when I'm feeling especially moody, but not for any good reason, they always make me feel like no reason...well, it's a very good reason.


And this is what I think about as I dig holes for my mums and save the earthworms from sharp troweling deaths. Isn't it funny where your mind goes?

And wouldn't you know I got a dang sunburn.
And I still haven't posted anything.
Maybe I need to go "think" some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment